Crowns, Bridges and Veneers - Laval
Our dentists can install crowns and bridges to improve the aesthetics of your teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry covers:
- Teeth alignment
- Teeth reshaping
- Interdental space closure
- Teeth strength restoration
- Worn tooth repair
- Dental shading and tooth whitening
- Denture repairs
We offer partial or complete restoration services to restore your glowing smile.
Dental crowns are designed to conceal damaged, broken or severely decayed teeth. They can also be used as a final filling following root canal treatment. On the other hand, dental bridges are used to fill the gap left by several missing teeth and are supported by the adjacent teeth.
In addition to denture, crown and bridge installation, we also specialize in root canal treatment.
We install all types of prostheses to improve your teeth's aesthetics
If you have a damaged tooth or lost one
You might want to check with your dental team if an artificial tooth will be necessary, not only for aesthetics but also to maintain good oral hygiene. At Espacedents, we offer comprehensive dental crown and bridge installations. Thanks to the latest technological advances and state-of-the-art equipment, we guarantee long-lasting, high-quality results.
Crowns cover only one tooth, whereas a fixed bridge consists of a series of crowns welded together to replace one or more missing teeth.
A veneer is a cosmetic treatment performed mainly on the front teeth to cover the tooth's visible part. It is used to:
- Close gaps between teeth
- Improve the shape of one or more teeth
- Improve the colour of one or more teeth
- Restore a radiant smile
There are two types of veneers.
Composite veneers are a conservative and reversible treatment requiring only one session.
A natural-looking porcelain veneer is manufactured in a laboratory and requires at least two visits. The device is then cemented to the tooth. This treatment is, therefore, more invasive and irreversible, but the dental porcelain laminates are more resistant and aesthetic than composite ones.
Dental bridges are fixed prostheses used to replace one or more missing teeth. They are supported by adjacent teeth and require good oral hygiene.
There are two types of bridges.
- Traditional bridges: They are a series of interconnected crowns. The central tooth (pontic) replaces the missing tooth while the outer teeth are cemented onto the abutment teeth. This treatment is permanent and requires trimming the teeth adjacent (abutment teeth) to the missing tooth or teeth. It is, therefore, recommended when the surrounding teeth are heavily restored or have undergone root canal treatment.
- Butterfly bridges: These bridges are also used to replace one or more missing teeth. They are attached to the abutment teeth using metal 'wings', which requires minimal preparation for the latter. However, this treatment is not suitable for everyone.
Note that in both cases, the bridge can be removed if you wish to have an implant.
Crowns and bridges are cemented to a damaged tooth after this one has been adequately prepared. They are made of different alloys (including gold) and bonded to porcelain.
With the success of implants, it is increasingly common to have crowns and bridges fixed or screwed onto implants, which are basically artificial roots made of titanium, a biocompatible material.
A crown is the perfect solution for a tooth, which is weakened by root canal treatment or too damaged for a simple filling. It will cover the tooth and make it stronger and more aesthetic.
By covering partially or fully the tooth, the crown will protect and extend the lifespan of your tooth while giving it a natural appearance.
When Is a Crown Needed?
- To cover a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment
- To repair a damaged or broken tooth
- To protect and support a tooth that has been extensively restored
- To safeguard a badly decayed tooth
Learn more about our dental practice.